Develop academic confidence and independence needed to shine in the college admissions process
At Polygence your child will:
Get personalized attention from an expert who can channel their interest into a unique output
Publish a one-of-a-kind project in peer-reviewed journals, podcast platforms, and other professional outlets
Based on your preferences, we carefully select an individual mentor whom you will get to meet before enrolling.
When to start Polygence
- Intensive and immersive experience
- Finish before college applications are due
- Be considered for the Symposium of Rising Scholars Summer Conference
We are accepting applications for Summer 2021 on a rolling basis.
The School Year
The School Year
- Time to cultivate a long-term, ambitious project
- Work towards mid-year deadlines for publications, competitions, science fairs, and conferences.
- Challenge yourself beyond your school curriculum
We will start reviewing applications for Fall 2021 in June.
Students who apply by this date have a higher chance of getting matched with their preferred mentors, as March-July is our peak application season.
immunology, cancer biology, molecular biology, epigenetics, french, writing
What topic interests you?
Recent student reviews
My mentor expertly mixed in-depth topic knowledge with friendliness and openness to make the Polygence experience simultaneously exciting and manageable.
Academic and professional success in the 21st century requires autonomy, continual learning, and perseverance in the face of struggle. Polygence allows any student anywhere in the world to flex these muscles by engaging in rigorous independent research projects. That’s a win for students and a win for the future of education.James Kim, Former Assistant Director, Yale Undergraduate Admission
High school students who have an impressive personal project they are working on independently often impress colleges, because their commitment to a successful solo endeavor conveys initiative, self-discipline and originality.US News and World Report
Greetings from the program coordinators
Polygence is a selective online research academy dedicated to democratizing access to research opportunities for high school students. Whether you are interested in quantitative biology, fashion history or privacy law, Polygence mentors will help you explore your area of interest.
More questions?Read the Frequently Asked Questions
Our students come from high schools including:Apply now
- Hong Kong International School
- Chinese International School
- Independent Schools Foundation Academy
- German Swiss International School
- Diocesan Girls’ School
- Diocesan Boys’ School
- St. Paul’s Co-Educational College
- Korean Minjok Leadership Academy
US Boarding Schools
- Deerfield Academy
- Phillips Academy Andover
- Choate Rosemary Hall
- The Lawrenceville School
- Lynbrook High School
- Archbishop Mitty High School
- Monta Vista High School
- San Marino High School
- Saratoga High School
- Portola High School
- Henry M. Gunn High School
- Leland High School
- Los Gatos High School
- Dougherty Valley High School
- Mission San Jose High School
- The Nueva School
- The Harker School
- Futures Academy